The sun’s out and shining, the air’s crisp and refreshing, and the days are relaxed and longer than usual. Such a setting calls for push scooters. As soon as summer arrives, scooters start popping up on the street. These lightweight constructions of push scooters are not only effective for traveling but kids of all ages- from little ones to high school students can drive them safely.
Thus, as a parent, you need to be ready as your kid probably, in a month or two will ask you to get the best push scooter. And if you have no idea about push scooters and/or are unsure whether the scooter you invest in is worth buying or not, do know that a push scooter is one of the safest means of transportation for your child. They are playful and available in a variety of models and designs.
Now if you are all set to get rolling, read on and find the quality push scooter for your child. Let’s help you meet the standard needs with this handy buyer’s guide.
The Children and Push Scooter
Is your child still vigorously playing around the house on their ride-on toy? If your answer is yes, probably it is high time to gift them a push scooter, it is way cooler, functional, and playful. A quality push scooter can serve in three ways:
- It serves as a means of transportation.
- It involves the kid in the same way as a toy.
- It strengthens the kids' as it offers physical training just like a sport machine.
Besides, if you want your kid to exercise and follow an active lifestyle, a push scooter is something you should consider for your child.
Is Your Child Old Enough to Ride a Push Scooter?
There isn’t any definitive age for kids to start a push scooter, though. It majorly depends on their motor skills, usually, motor skills start building by the age of 1.5- 2 years. As a rule of thumb, if your kid can walk decently and stand firmly on their feet, they’ll be ready to ride a push scooter.
Riding a push scooter is proven to be useful for kids as it strengthens their physical health and development.
- The amount of energy consumed in riding a push scooter is three times larger compared to riding a regular bicycle.
- It improves the heart and the blood vessels, acting as a preventive measure to Dysautonomia. A disease that starts establishing in early childhood and eventually reduces the quality of life of an adult.
- Promotes better lung functioning.
- When a child rides a scooter, they frequently switch their focus from closest to the more distant points. This helps the kid to improve their vision and concentration.
Types of Scooters
The most popular scooter type for 3-5 years old.
- Models with 2-front wheels are designed for kids who are not very eased with the scooters. It sustains the balance properly.
- A 3-wheel scooter with two rear wheels is placed closely together. They are great for a child with good coordination.
This type of scooter is designed for kids older than 5 years. The scooter is made from metal and as compared to the previous one, the 2-wheeler weight is slightly higher. It is advised to invest in 2-wheeler when your kid’s coordination is already stable and developed.
Points to Consider When Choosing the Best Scooter
Keep the following criteria in mind when selecting the scooter for your kid.
- The quality and wheel construction.
- The comfort level of the deck.
- The availability of brakes and the convenience of the handlebar.
- The material from which the body of the scooter is built.
- The weight and the size.
- The option to fold the body of the scooter.
To sum up: Refer to This Short Guide to Choose the Right Scooter
- Make sure to select the wheel of the scooter as per your child’s age. Plastic wheels are appropriate for toddlers under 3 years of age. For younger kids, the best wheel would be constructed with rubber or polyurethane.
- Verify the strength of the product; no part should be left hanging.
- Go for a scooter with a non-slippery handlebar, whose height can be adjusted.
- If you are looking for a compact scooter, go for a foldable one.
Children must enjoy the outdoors as well as strengthen their bodies with plenty of exercise. And riding a push scooter just allows your kid to do both. So, get up and help your little ones to enjoy riding their scooter, once they get a hang of it, watch them go!
We have a plethora of options for almost all age groups of children. King Toys is one of the most famous online platforms in Canada that have a wide range of products ride-on cars, water sports, ride-on cars electric motorcycle, push scooters, hoverboards, bouncy castles etc.