Water sports and activities are beneficial for both adults and kids. These are the perfect choice for those who want to enjoy outdoor activities, adventure, thrill, and the most important beaches or seaside. Apart from fun, enjoyment, water sports provide countless health benefits. They are types of exercise that work out for the whole body. It strengthens the bone of the abdominal, legs, and arms. Also, it helps you to keep yourself in shape, delay the signs of aging and make you flexible. There are many water sports like Kayaking, Wakeboarding, Surfing, Sailing, Swimming, Diving, in which surfing with paddle-board is the easiest that even a child can enjoy it without any risk. If you want to have a great paddle-boarding experience, you need a good standup paddleboard.
Types of paddle board
Getting the right stand-up paddle would be key to have great surf. If you are new to water sports and looking for a board, then it is necessary to have some information regarding its features. The kind of SUP you will need depends on its use. Usually, there are 3 kinds of SUPs namely-
- All-Around SUP- With high maneuverability and stability, they are the perfect choice for beginners and first-time paddlers. The best thing about them is they are versatile and can work in all conditions.
- Surfing SUPs- They are the best choice for intermediate to advanced types of paddlers who want complete thrill through their paddle-boarding experience. They are less stable on the water.
- Touring SUPs- They are designed for long-distance in flatwater. Usually fast and efficient and suitable for serious paddlers who want to take the tour on the water.
Features to Look On
Purchasing a paddleboard is a good investment and for that, you should have the assurance that you are getting the right board for you. You should look at some of the following features before purchasing-
Hull Type: The hull or body of SUPs determines how it functions when it is in water. Displacement and planning. A displacement hull is pointed at the front end which makes it move fast in the water. Generally, it is used for surfing, racing, and touring. SUP with planning body is flat and wide and that’s why perfect for beginners. These types of SUPs are very maneuverable and stable.
Length: SUPs come in different sizes. These are short, medium, and long-sized boards.
- Short ones are below 9 feet and easier to maneuver and thus perfect for novices and children.
- Medium-sized boards are of 9 to 12 fetes and suitable for surfing and all-around use.
- The long-sized board is generally 12 to 14 feet and perfect for touring.
Width is another important feature to look at when going to buy SUP. You can find boards with different widths. Boards with narrow widths are between 29 to 30 inches wide are faster but less stable while wide boards are measures more than 30 inches and are stable and maneuverable more than narrow ones.
Material- SUPs are made of different materials including expanded polystyrene foam, polyurethane foam, and hollow core. Boards made up of polyurethane are heavy and therefore suitable for all-round use while boards that are made up of hollow-core are lightweight and suitable for touring.
If you are looking for a paddle board to enjoy surfing, www.kingtoys.ca would be the perfect store to buy. Be it surfing paddle board, touring paddle board, or all-round paddle board, they have numerous of varieties available with them.